Ronn Thomas from Cushman & Wakefield was retained by Kelly Inns to sell the 127 room full service Best Western Kelly Inn Hotel in St. Paul.
- Owners were concerned that the hotel staff might hear that the property was for sale.
- The property was nearly 50 years old and included rental office suites on the upper floors and the hotel business on lower floors.
- Bottom line revenue had started to decline at the property due to increased maintenance requirements.
- Discretely marketed the hotel so that employees were unaware of the sale.
- Found buyers by aggressively marketing the property throughout the upper Midwest.
- Sold property for a maximum value based on location near the State capitol and downtown St. Paul.